Saturday, August 16, 2008

We're here!!


Kerry and I along with Cathy and Mike arrived in Moscow safe and sound!!! We had an uneventful flight except a bit of B.O. in front of us. By the end of the flight, the smell was gone. Either we just got used to the smell or we joined in... I'm not sure. We're staying at the Renaissance Hotel. It is very nice but very small! Oh well..... we won't complain. We just need a place to lay our heads. We flew out of Atlanta at 3:30p on Friday. Cathy and Mike joined us in Atlanta. What a blessing to be able to travel with such a precious couple. We arrived in Moscow at 10:30a. We were met by Katia, our translator and Vladimir, our driver. Both are very nice!! (Cathy and Mike have a separate driver/ translator.) They took us to get some money changed. We had to stop at 3 places because the first 2 banks were closed. I guess since it is Saturday... the banks are closed. We have spent the last few minutes calling my mom, figuring out the power cord, and checking email. Now... we are going to get ready and go out for a few hours... eat some authentic Russian food (I'm scared). We'll turn in early tonight!!!!! A twelve hour plane ride is an experience in and of itself!!! It did seem to go fast. I'll leave you with a picture of Cathy and myself just after we met at the airport.

Paka!!
Karen


Karen

2 comments:

Malinda said...

What an adventure! I can't beleive you are half way around the world right now. I love the blog, what a great way to communicate with friends. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. I hope everything continues on a smooth path. Have fun!

Nicole said...

Karen,
I am so glad that you guy's arrived safe and sound! I cannot wait to hear all about your first visit! There is nothing greater!
Nicole