Sunday, August 17, 2008

Trip 1- Day 2







After 14 hours of sleep, we now feel well rested!!! We got up and met our translator- Katia at 11 am. We had a fabulous day. In fact, we had one of the best days ever. We do miss the boys! We are sitting here at the airport getting ready to leave for Novokuznetsk. Our flight leaves at 10:30pm. We got lots of souvenirs today: a few Russian dolls, dresses, etc. I thought Kerry was going to pass out when he saw the cost of everything. I'm ready now for the main reason we are here... to meet our precious baby girl. Continue to keep us in your prayers.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Give her lots of kisses!!! Can't wait to hear!
Nicole

Anonymous said...

So excited you are in Russia and headed to your daughter's region. It is funny how the time difference makes your days seem to go much faster (that and being tired).

We cannot wait to read about your first visit!!

CV

Anonymous said...

Just saw the picture. Brings back memories!

CV

Malinda said...

What a cool picture! I can't wait to see more. I can't imagine being so far away from home. It must all be very exciting. I am dying to hear about your visit with your baby. PLEASE don't keep us in suspense too long. Love ya

Joe and Renae said...

SO glad you're doing good! I can't WAIT to hear how your meeting goes with your precious baby girl. Joe and I just got home from Islamarada today. We were part of the evacuation!

I'll anxiously be waiting to hear from you after meeting D.

Hugs,
Renae