Thursday, August 21, 2008

The best birthday ever!

I'm 35 today! I wish I could have my boys here with us today, but we can celebrate when we get home. Knowing that we will get to see them in just 3 more days makes me happy. We are now back in Moscow. It is much more comfortable here in many ways. The Mariott is much nicer than the hotel in Novokuznetsk and there is American food. Kerry will eat anything, but I will not!! I lived on peanut butter and crackers for several days. I was never more happy to eat at McDonalds... probably more excited than my boys have ever been. The internet connection was not good there as well. My emails would not send, etc. We got to meet the representatives for our adoption agency today (S and I). We were told to not expect to come back to get our daughter in 3 weeks.... in fact... they said it could be October, November, December, or maybe even January. Who knows! Apparantly, the governor of Kemerovo has not yet lifted the ruling about allowing court for those who are just now going on trip 1. He is allowing court for those who already went on trip 1 because there are some families here now for court. We were told they had waited 5 months between trips. Anyways..... God is in control of the court date!!!! We will be praying for a return trip quickly so we can get our daughter home!
We are getting ready to go to Hard Rock Cafe- Moscow. Yum, Yum!!! I can hardly wait.
Paka!
Karen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you are back in the comforts of Moscow. I know you are ready to see your boys and get back home. Just know that God is watching over Darya and he is in control. We will pray for you to receive news soon of a court date.

As you know, we are here for you during your wait. Looking forward to talking more to you next week.

Many blessings and safe travels!

CV

Angie and Curt said...

In an incredible coincidence it's my birthday as well. Happy Birthday!

I wish you all the best on a quick court date!

Joe and Renae said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! What a birthday you are having! Go enjoy, have a safe trip home and I will talk to you when you get back.

Renae

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Karen!! I am hoping you don't have to wait very long at all to bring your daughter home.