I want to keep this brief as Kerry and I need some much needed rest. Our daughter has some potential health issues. There is a possibility that she may have a form of spina bifida that is correctable. We are in contact with a very good IA doctor- Dr. Alla Gordina along with our pediatrician- Dr. Batson. We love her and are 100% seeking God's guidance in our decision. Our decision is uncertain. I will say that the decisions we have ahead of us are some of the most difficult in our entire life. No matter what we decide... I will say she is absolutely beautiful. She took to Kerry and I quite well. She is crawling some and walking with assist. She is a little girl that knows what she wants and goes after it... a girl after my own heart!!!!!!
We beg for your prayers in making these important decisions. We have 3 beautiful children at home and take very seriuosly this decision as it will effect many people. We are truly seeking HIS will in this situation. We know that "All things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose."
Much love to all!
Kerry and Karen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Karen and Kerry,
We'd be happy to pray for your decision and God's encouragement and guidance as you make your decision to adopt. Being presented with medical issues your not prepared for in country can be stressful, but just trust that the Lord will give you peace about your decision. From what I understand about Spinal Bifida is that if it is occulta, then there are rarely any future complications. Meningocele is usually correctable with little or no complications post surgery. It sounds like your daughter is doing well crawling and trying to walk which would be my biggest concern with spinal bifida. It sounds like she is doing very well for her age. Just remember too that she is in an orphanage and will thrive once home. Many, many families adopt a child with spinal bifida. There will be many adopting families you will be able to seek guidance from once home. I think the greatest advice I can give is to 1. Follow your heart and seek God's guidance and 2. Rely on what your doctors can tell you from the medicals you received. These will help you make your decision.
Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. I've checked on you often today and was anxious to see this post. Please e-mail me if you need me to do some research for you or help call someone for advice.
Much love coming your way!!
CV
Karen and Kerry....Joe and I will be praying for you. I'm SURE Dr. Gordina will help you to understand better any concerns you have with correcting the Spinal Bifida, she is supposed to be really good.
Follow your hearts.......
Love and lots of prayers,
Renae and Joe
Karen & Kerry -
Your prayer warriors in Virginia stand ready. We are honored to lift your family and this precious little girl up in prayers. Please update when you can.
Hugs, prayers & best wishes,
Karyn, Norm & Ilya
Karen and Kerry,
We are going to cover you all in prayers. May God bless you with his wisdom and continue to carry you in this journey.
Nicole
Karen,
I have the biggest chill bumps reading your post because the memory of being faced with unexpected medical issues eight years ago is still so fresh in my memory. It was the hardest week of our lives. But it was also the spiritual mountaintop of my life too. It was my Everest. I can't imagine that anything will ever top the tenderness and gentle caresses with which our Father held us that week. It changes your life forever. You are so wise not to leap headlong into love, but to make sound, intentional decisions with your boys included in your thought process. You have a duty to them above all. I know that God is holding you and loving you through every thought, every fear and every tear. I am here to pray you through this as you prayed so fervently for me. I'm also praying for your boys this week as I know how hard it is to be away from your family. When you have these emotions, I know you just want to take your sons in your arms and hold them so tightly.
Keep us posted. We'll be praying!
Ondrea
I think when I was going through that week, and Dr. Gordina was spelling out our future in great detail, I really needed someone to say this to me:
It is ok to say "no".
and...
It is OK to say "yes".
I kept looking to others to know what the right thing to do was. But in the end, God put the answer in my heart and Ian's heart and although we appreciated having our eyes opened to her issues, in the end, we were the ones with the right answers for our family- for our 3 boys, for ourselves and for Ariana.
I love you very much Karen! You have been such a sweet heart and angel right here on earth, and I am blessed to have you both as friends. I wish I could hop on an S7 and hug you through this.
I will be here later this week full of empathy- and ready with steak and lots of chocolate.
My prayers will continue to go out to you, your family and Dasha.
Post a Comment