We just arrived in Moscow at our beautiful hotel- Courtyard Marriott. We are extra thankful to be here. Our airplane experienced engine failure... very, very scary. Thankfully, there are two engines. We were not sure for awhile if the plane would be landing in Moscow or somewhere else. The engine failed about 1 hour before we landed. We had to go through the steps for an emergency. I almost had a panic attack.. but, the Lord was in control. We were greeted by a few red lights-- normal procedure for this type of event. Anyway... we are here and safe. Today, we are going to take a short walk, shower, and enjoy a relaxing evening in our room. Tomorrow, we plan to go sight seeing and do a little shopping :0. I'll try to use a bit more self control than the last trip. We wouldn't want Kerry to have a heart attack.
Much love to all!
Kerry and Karen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
I'm so glad you get to relax now after a trip like THAT! I'm SO excited for the both of you...and Darya! This whole experience is going to be AWESOME, so please enjoy every bit of it! Can't wait to hear more, I'll be checking on you EVERY day!
Lots of HUGS,
Renae
Oh my goodness! I can't imagine how scary that must have been. I am so happy you got there safely! Relax and enjoy the rest of the experience. I'm not sure when you head to the region but will say prayers for safe and uneventful travels for you!
Oh Karen! We thank the Lord for your safe arrival!! Cherish this time and drink in every minute of it. Such wonderful memories you are making and will have a lifetime to share with Darya and the boys. I really think some more shopping is in order...I mean how soon will you be going back there, right? Especially in Kemerovo...buy some local newspapers, photograph restaurant menus (or ask for take out menus) and take more pictures than you think you should. The local Siberian flavor is so unique and special- different from Moscow and the western regions. Treasured momentos to share with your sweet girl.
Can't wait to hear your next post.
Love,
Deb, Keith and Erick
Karen, I am so very excited for you! Thank you for sharing your amazing heart and loving story with us! You are an angel here on earth.
Post a Comment