Thursday, October 30, 2008

Long awaited pictures!!











We have experienced a fabulous first 24 hours with Dasha (Darya). She has cried one time... that was when we first left the orphanage and it was naptime. She took her bottle right away and has pretty much ate everything we offered her. Her first meal consisted of 8 ounces of formula, mashed potatoes, and yogurt..... oh, and lots of puffs. She totally gagged on bananas in baby food and cottage cheese. It is sad to watch her at bedtime as she intensely rocks or moves her head from side to side. I'm proud to say that she did fall asleep in my arms 2 times today without the head movement. Unfortunately, we don't have the greatest pics thus far. She always closes her eyes because of the flash. Hopefully, I will get some better ones tomorrow. But..... I'm going to post a few from trip 1 and a couple from today!!!!!! Now that we are back in Moscow, I'll be able to post more! Sorry everyone has had to wait for pictures. (The first two pictures are current and the last two are from trip 1.) The picture of her sleeping is on her first plane ride from Kemerovo City to Moscow. She did really well. She cuddled with her lovey that Tonya, Karen, and Courtney got for her... some good friends. Thank you guys!!
Paka!!!!
Karen

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH KAREN!!! SHE IS ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS!!! Thank you so much for posting these. We were stalking this Blog about every 1/2 hour. LOL!

It sounds like you've already made great progress with the attachement process. The first few days are so important but also so hectic as you have so much running to do. You guys sound like you are doing great!

You have made my day today! (But so did the Phillies by winning the world series last night...WOOOHOOO!!!!) We are riding high today.

Can't wait to see more pics and hear more details of your incredible experience!

Much Love,
Deb, Keith and Erick

Jeff, Cindy, and Tiffany said...

Yeah!!! She is so precious. Sounds like she is adjusting great so far. Kids have a built in instinct -- they know when someone loves and cares for them. Hope you have a good and safe trip home. Can't wait to meet her in person.

Joe and Renae said...

Oh you HAVE to be on CLOUD 9!!!!!
She is ADORABLE! You did it girl!!!! Joe and I are so happy for you and Kerry (and the boys). Have a WONDERFUL time!

Hugs,
Renae

Nicole said...

Karen ,
How wonderful to see her with you guy's!!!! When we picked up Ava she would rock herself and move her head side to side. I have found that she likes to be rocked face to face with her head on my chest and I gently hold her head from moving around . She sucks her thumb and I play with her hair . This seems to help her feel more secure and she falls asleep in my arms. That is the sweetest time you will share together.
I am so happy for you guy's !!!! Enjoy your time getting to know each other!
Nicole

Carey and Norman said...

So excited to hear from you. I'm so glad things are going well and you are back in Moscow. Loved the new photos. Like me, you agree that a girl needs her bows!!

Darya is adorable and I cannot wait to hear more about your time in Russia. So happy for you and cannot wait to catch up once you are home.

Anonymous said...

Karen and Kerry,

I am so glad things are going so well! I can't wait for you all to be home! We love you and pray for a safe trip home. I know your family is anxious to see the precious new addition.

Love you guys,
Kathy and Steve

julie said...

she's a cutie pie. a red head too it appears. i love red hair. glad everything is going well for you guys.

julie

Michelle R said...

Karen, what a miracle she is. I just love that she is sleeping in your arms. Those are treasured moments aren't they! HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

Karen and Kerry, she is such a precious child, and I think the first photo of her looks just like Nathan!! We anxiously await your return, and, please know that everyone is asking about you and praying for you. Have a safe and uneventful journey home! When we didn't hear for so long, I called you Mom, and she assured me all was well.

Love and hugs!
Damon & Shirley (and your church family!!!)

Robin and Jana Roberts said...

What a beautiful little girl! Can I be jealous and happy for you at the same time? I wish you guys nothing but the best life has to offer. Enjoy every moment!

Christa said...

She is beautiful and brings tears to my eyes. Congratulations! Oh, and Andrew always closes his eyes when the flash goes off. My pictures turn out better when I go outside!

Angie and Curt said...

She's absolutely adorable. I know how happy you are. Are you also trying to remember all the "baby stuff?" It hasn't been so long for us yet I find myself constantly trying to remember what Josh did at this age. Thank goodness for our blog to go back and look! Enjoy these wonderful days of isolation and joy. Hope to see you in Moscow!
Angie