Thursday, July 17, 2008

Why?????- The question of the day.

Just wanted to give an update. The district inspector (aka- social worker) in Kemerovo City came back from her vacation on the 14th. Kerry and I were expecting travel dates sometime this week. Unfortunately, we got a call from our agency and found out that we will not receive travel dates for at least 2 more weeks. The good news is that we are "officially registered" to receive Darya as our referral. I asked the question why to C. with our agency. Of course, why is a difficult if not impossible question to answer in the world of adoption.
To answer the question why???? I feel that God is telling me that it's just not time yet. God is truly the giver of every good and perfect gift. These gifts are given in His time not mine. I have to put our daughter in His hands and trust.
So..... I will continue to enjoy my boys, do some retail therapy, and make bows... my latest distraction.
My middle son starts Kindergarten next week. It's hard to believe. My oldest son starts second grade. Summer has flown by for our family. Our lives are about to pick up pace... homework, basketball season, and traveling to Russia :)))). Life is never boring.

Karen

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Girl it will be here before you know it! You will get to finally hold your sweet girl! I will be praying for a call soon!
Nicole

Over Caffeinated Mama said...

I am loving all the "fluffy" stuff! :) So fun! And your head is right on with the timing thing, when you look back on it, most likely you will see His hand and WHY! :)