Wednesday, July 2, 2008

So close.. yet so far away!

Well.... I want to first thank everyone for praying for me over the last few days. God has given me alot of peace. My worries have greatly decreased. I cannot say that I don't ever have a negative thought, but I'm trying to stay focused on the special gift I (we) have waiting on me (us) in Russia. I truly believe that God has hand picked Darya just for our family and that nothing can stop us from becoming a family.
We're leaving for Stone Mountain, Georgia on Thursday night. We're going to the fireworks/ laser show on Friday and then on to a Braves Game on Saturday if possible.
It's hard because I want to enjoy the last few days of summer with the boys but I want to hurry up and get travel dates. My prayer is that we get to travel in the month of July. Of course, I would prefer to travel tomorrow ::))). My oldest will be starting second grade and my middle child will be starting Kindergarten this month. It's a possibility that we will be in Russia when they start back to school. Though I don't want to miss their first day, I know that my Mom will enjoy taking them on their first day. She can take lots of pictures. I look forward to 3 months at home with Darya and the boys. Who knows... I probably will want to go back to being a stay at home mommy but... I intend to go back to work. My job as primary therapist on a Geriactric Psyche Unit keeps me sane!!!! (He, He! Go figure.) All kidding aside, I pray that Kerry and I will be submissive to whatever He has in store for us. Please pray for travel dates in July and also pray for Nicole, an adoption friend who is traveling this weekend. Also, please pray for those waiting for referrals!

Karen

No comments: