I got a call from our agency today that Kemerovo City has decided to not allow anymore American families to travel until January. They reportedly have met their quota meaning... they want a balance between the number of American families that adopt versus the number of Russian families that adopt. Well... to acheive this... the governor decides to halt travel from time to time. We are still registered with D. as our referral. The main concern is that another Russian family could decide to adopt her during this long wait though not extremely likely from what I understand. You can imagine... I was sitting at work with a client... and I got the call from CSS. I answered and told her that I was with a client and she told me to call her back. I was so excited I could hardly stand it. But... when I called back and got that news.. my heart broke. Yes.... I cried and cried some more. I am so thankful for the wonderful friends I have met during this time. It is a great comfort to have every single person's support and prayers during this time. I am sorry this has happened. It is not just me affected. There is another family who has received a referral along with 2 couples who were next to receive a referral. C. at our agency also recommended that we remain in Kemerovo. She did state if any girl referrals come along that she would call us... but..... I want Darya!!!!! I love her already and want her for our child. I don't know what God has in store, but I know He has a plan and will give Kerry and I the answers that we need.
Please lift us up in prayer.... I am praying for a miracle that Kemerovo will allow those with referrals to go ahead and travel. My God can do anything! With that said, I decided to take a few days off from work to enjoy my sweet boys... the best medicine.
Karen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Karen - you all will be in our prayers! I know it's so hard when you have this little child in your mind already. So much can change between now and January and I'm praying it will! If I can do anything, let me know! Enjoy the next few days with the boys - it is GREAT medicine!
I think a little time off will really help Karen. I'm sure everything is going to work JUST fine!
We will talk each other through these times just as we have been doing.
p.s. maybe some of that ice cream with the gummi bears might help a little.
Post a Comment