Thursday, July 24, 2008

The great roller coaster ride!

First off.... PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We received a call from our agency that we will be allowed to travel in August; however, we will not be able to go back for court until the first of the year. But... my God is a God of miracles!!!! I want to thank all the prayer warriors who prayed for us over the last few days. We will fly out on August 15th and return home on August 24th. We will get to spend 4 days with our daughter.
The roller coaster ride has left me exhausted but exhilerated all at the same time! Adoption is not for the whimp! We knew what we were signing up for and know that one day soon it will all be a distant memory.
Now... off to find airline reservations :)))))))
Karen

4 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Karen - I just got caught up on all your posts. Thanks for the invite!

I am so THRILLED that you'll be able to travel in August. I know the wait between trips will be tortuous at times, but focus first on meeting your daughter and let your prayer warriors focus on moving that court date for you!

If you need help with the travel reservations, you might want to try Gayle at Interntional Adoption Travel: http://www.dallas.net/~adoption/.

She is amazing to work with and got us a great deal for Ilya's flight home. She follows our blog, sends emails to check up on Ilya's adjustment and takes a huge interest in the families she helps out. Just a suggestion if you want to see the difference in a travel agent & booking flights yourself.

Good luck & hugs!
Karyn

Nicole said...

Hello fellow hen!
I wanted to tell you again how excited I am for you guys. We will be visiting Ava or God willing be there for court around the same time! I cannot wait to meet you in person and hear all about your new girl!
Nicole

Unknown said...

I am totally thrilled for you all. You deserve nothing but the best. I will hold you firmly in my prayers for your journey to be a safe one. Can't wait to see your baby girl in person!

-pinky

Joe and Renae said...

I'm soooooo happy and excited for you Karen!!!!! I look forward to traveling on the rest of our adoption journey together!

I love the boots by the way....sooo cute!