Wanted to give an update on my discussion with our IA doctor. We were informed that Darya has developmental hip dysplasia in addition to her mild spina bifida. This could possibly involve another surgury. Hip dysplasia involves the hip either being out of socket or easily knocked out of socket. Without treatment, this could prevent her from walking. The IA doctor also mentioned that it is possible that she has a mild case of cerebral palsey. Everything in me says that she does not have mild cerebral palsey. I consulted with a physical therapist who agrees with this thought. The doctor stressed that every day our daughter is in the orphanage not getting treatment... that this is detrimental to her. She also stressed that we need to get medical attention for her as soon as she gets home to the United States. After that discussion, I proceeded to type a very passionate email to our agency asking for options. C. with our agency called me back on Friday afternoon and stated she has spoke with S. in Moscow about asking the facilitator in Kemerovo for a humanitarian exception. Also, I have sent an email to our IA doctor asking her to call the medical director at the orphanage with the same request. The IA doctor is also drafting a letter for me to send over. Prayerfully, this will have a positive impact on a speedy court date. I know that ultimately God is in control. Please pray that the key people in making this decision will have softened hearts and be sympathetic to the needs of our sweet Darya. I specifically would pray that we will be able to have court within 30 days. I believe that the Lord wants to hear the desires of our heart as long as we pray for HIS will. Kerry and I believe that nothing is impossible with God!
Much love to all!
Karen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
I pray that you get your court date real soon so that Darya could come home to her loving momma and papa and get the BEST care possible.
Hugs,
Renae
Karen,
My love goes out to your whole family right now. I can't imagine how challenging this must be. We will get her home and we WILL get her all the help she needs. Remember Stephanie just went through the hip displasia thing with Ryan. Connect with her.
HUGS
Michelle
Karen,
I can just see God setting the scene for a huge victory where only He can take the credit. He has chosen you for this responsibility because He knows you are up for it. I hope you find comfort in His embrace. I know how easy it is to have doubts and fears when you're in the midst of this, but from the outside looking in, His presence is undeniably evident.
Sending up prayers,
Jana
Karen,
Sending all the best hopes, prayers and wishes for a speedy court date. I'm not facing the medical issues you are and I'm still a wreck with the waiting. Hugs,
Angie
Post a Comment