Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Getting closer everyday!

We received an email from C. with our agency yesterday stating that the governor of Kemerovo had authorized a request to have Darya taken off the federal data bank. After talking with C. at our agency today she agreed that this likely means that the governor will also authorize the facilitator to arrange a court date. Isn't God good? For the first few weeks after we got back from Russia, I didn't have any particular feeling about when we would go back for court. I just hoped it was sooner than later. I feel in my heart that it won't be long. The desire of my heart is that we will go before October 15. I know that anything is possilble with Him. I will tell the Lord the desires of my heart and believe that He is the giver of every good and perfect gift. Most importantly, I pray for His will. So... the news we received is very exciting!!!!! Hopefully, any day now... I'll have more good news to share. As always.. thank you for your continued prayers. I am praying specifically for the request to be processed and that the letter of release gets safely back to Kemerovo as quickly as possible. I also pray that the heart of the governor will be softened and that a court date will be set swiftly. I will also be praying that God's hand of protection be over our baby girl during this time and that we will be able to prepare the way for her homecoming.

5 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Oh, Karen!! I will be praying right along with you. It sounds like C had some promising news for you which is such a good sign! You all will be in our thoughts and prayers!

Nicole said...

Yeah Karen!!!!
I am so excited for you guy's! I cannot wait to here about that date soon!!! I will pray for your sweet girl. I wish she was at Ava's orphanage. I would tell them to bring me that baby to hold and love on!!!
Nic

Carey and Norman said...

Sorry to hear about the hip dysplasia. I hope that it is minor and easily operable. I've been thinking about you and hadn't thought to check your blog until today. I hope your agency is able to move quickly on your behalf for a quick court date. Many prayers and lots of love coming your way.

Joe and Renae said...

I pray that court date comes quick..for you AND for Darya! It's not going to be long from now I just know it! I can't WAIT for you to bring that precious baby girl home!
Renae

Michelle R said...

Sweetheart, I am so glad that things are moving forward. God is clearing the way for your family to be together.
You can go ahead and put her carseat in the car and get those boys used to the idea that she is coming.

Hugs to all of you