Darya's surgery date has been set for next Thursday, December 18th. We have to be at Vanderbilt at 6:30am and surgery will be at 8:30am. We are thankful for this date as they initially called and said December 23rd. That would have put us in the hospital through Christmas. That would not have been good as the boys would be devastated. The other option was January 6th. I go back to work on the 14th and that date would have only given me 8 days to be with her post surgery. The neurosurgeon intervened to get this date set. I'll have to give him a big hug :)) for working this out for us. Ha, Ha! He is very reserved and would probably faint if I gave him a hug. Darya's second physical therapy appointment went great. The therapist will be working on sensory integration related to physical therapy... meaning different types of balancing including spinning, turning upside down, rocking on a ball on her tummy, etc. This is something she didn't do alot of at the orphanage but is so critical to all aspects of her development including physical, emotional, and behavioral. I got to visit with a very special adoption friend after physical therapy. I hope she knows how very happy I am to have her in my life. Moreover, it is so great to have become acquainted with so many families through this adoption process. Please accept my sincere thanks for all the continued prayers on behalf of Darya!!! Oh and Darya is now running in her walker. The therapist had to add a strap onto the walker to hold her in... it is meant to prevent her from escaping. Do you think it worked? NOT!!! She just turns over on her head and slides right out. She catches on fast!!
Much love to all!
Karen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Karen,
Thank you for the sweet comments! I too feel blessed to have our connection. We'll always have a special bond with our girls :o)
Praying for Darya's surgery and your first Christmas home together as a family of 6!!
Big Hugs to all of you! Darya is so lucky to have you and all the Vanderbilt experts. She looks so much older walking in the walker. She looks so much stronger already. What a girl!
Just wanted you to know that I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow with the surgery.
I hope all went well with the surgery & that Darya has an easy recovery and a happy Christmas!
I keep checking back here to see if you post on Darya's progress but I know you are busy beyond words.
We are praying daily for you all and hope to hear some good news soon.
All our love and best wishes!
Deb, Keith and Erick
Post a Comment