Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!





Hello all. I pray that everyone had a wonderful day yesterday. We had a nice meal at my parents. My mother in law and brother and his family were there. So many times during the day I paused to give thanks for Darya and the boys. I'm soo happy to feel a sense of completeness... so thankful that we were able to have her home for the holidays, God has given us so many gifts!!
To give a brief update on Darya. We made a referral to Tennessee Early Intervention. A caseworker came out to our home and provided us with a wealth of information. Darya will be seen by a developmental specialist in our home 1 time per week. I took Darya to our pediatrician for the first time this week. She received 4 shots. Per the result of her bloodwork, she won't have to be regiven all her immuizations. Her doctor made a referral to a pediatric physical therapist. We start therapy next weeek. We have her MRI with sedation scheduled for December 8th. As mentioned in the last post, much hinges on the results of this MRI. Darya did have Giardia, but we now have that taken care of with an antibiotic- Alinia. Enjoy the photos. The first picture was taken today while helping their daddy put up the Christmas tree. The second and third were taken on Thanksgiving Day at my parents. My wonderful friends- Deb and Keith- sent me the precious outfit she was wearing! The final picture was taken last Sunday on the way home from church.
For the most part the last few weeks have been wonderul yet stressful. I've had one or two days (Several actually) when I felt overwhelmed... like I wanted to scream... but I would do it all over again. I love her totally and completely. During the difficult times I have to remember Psalm 46:10.. "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

Much love to all and prayers for a blessed holiday season!
Karen

5 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Happy Thankgiving!! Thanks for the update on Darya - I was wondering how things were going. I understand those overwhelming, wanting to scream your head off moments well! Even at 4 months home! :-)

Carey and Norman said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I enjoyed the photos. Darya is adorable in her dress and pink bow.

I'm glad all is going well. I was wondering what happened with your medical appointments. I'll try to call you this week to talk!

Michelle R said...

What an adorable clan you have. Sounds like you have everything under control. Well, most of the time. Really? You have only wanted to scream a few times?? Geez. That is one hour around here. Sounds like you are off to a fab start.
Hugs!!!

Karen said...

You got information, help and a whole lot of love. This will get you all through. We'll be praying for good news after the MRI. Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

HOW PRECIOUS!!!! I love the pictures of the kids. Your RIGHT, Gregory's face IS too adorable to have a scar on it! They are ALL adorable!!!!

Renae