We got up around 7 this morning and had breakfast. We had a lazy morning playing with toys. Katia wasn't planning to pick us up until noon so Darya took a 2 hour snooze prior to our outing to the Metro. We went to various stations and got a feel for the metro system and how it works. Kudos to Michelle as she learned how to navigate the Metro during her long stay here a few months back. I would be lost but would probably learn after studying a map for a bit. We plan to have a celebration dinner with the Moellers this evening at an Italian restaurant! My absolute favorite food!We are very excited about getting back home. I'm praying that the flight is not crowded so we can stretch out a bit. Though Darya did well on the 4 hour flight, a 12 hour flight is a bit different... I'm sure. We'll manage! :)) We are missing our boys very much!!! It will feel good to get back to our normal routine. Being home with our youngest son and Darya for the next few months will be great! I do miss my friends at work... but I plan to enjoy this time getting to know our daughter.
This will be my last post for now! I'll try to give an update on how everyone is doing within the next week.
Love,
Karen






8 comments:
I my gosh, she looks so precious! I hope you have a GREAT celebration dinner with the Moeller's and tell them CONGRATS for me! Enjoy the rest of you time in Moscow!
Hugs,
Renae
How sweet! There is nothing sweeter than watching them sleep! I always wonder what they are dreaming about!
nicole
Thanks for sharing all the photos and your adventures. The metro is not bad at all, but I have to give credit to Ron and Dinia, the expats living there, for taking us on our first few runs and helping us to get our bearings. If you are used to riding a subway, you will get the hang of it fast.
Safe travels home. I look forward to hearing from you once home. Darya is absolutely precious!
congratulations to all six of you!
i happened upon your blog via some other russian adoption blogs. we brought home our russian-born daughters 14 months ago. the first few months are a blur, but now life just seems normal.
praying for your trip home.
She is beautiful! I love you and want to talk to you soon. I am praying for your entire family.
Leslie
Hope you are home and settled! She looks like such an angel sleeping in that bed! Congrats to all of you!!
She has the face of an angel! Thank you so much for commenting on my blog. I have trying to remember how to get here and hear all about your sweet little girl.
Quick question (if you have time) how has she done with the bottles? Our little girl is 14 months old and I think snuggle time with a bottle would be so great for bonding and attachment.
Congrats on your successful adoption and safe travels back to good 'ole Tennessee.
Post a Comment