Today was a very productive day. Kerry and I went to get our dossier documents apostilled. All of them were fine except one which had to have an additional certification from the county court clerks office. We were also fingerprinted for immigrations. It was quite humorous to observe the events at the immigrations office. The lady doing the prints was talking really loud about how she could not get one ladies prints because she does nails for a living and had acetone on her hands. Another guy had a cut and said it was 6 years old and she was very loudly saying to her coworker that it was fresh. It was crazy! By the time we were called, I was a bit paranoid. Ha!
After all that I set out for home and my husband went the opposite direction as he had a training session to attend. When there was about 75 miles between us, he calls and says that I had left one of the apostilled documents in his car. I about passed out. Just as I was saying we should meet half way, he said- you guessed it-- APRIL FOOLS DAY. He got me!
I got home and obtained the additional certification needed and sent my dossier documents minus 1 to our adoption agency by Fed Ex. The other document, I overnighted to the secretary of state's office. It will be overnighted to our agency and will arrive by Thursday- hopefully! Yeah, all in a day's work. It is a relief to have that milestone complete.
For some reason, I am a bit weary, but as always I know God is in control. He will carry me for a bit and that gives me great comfort. Thanks to all the support from our friends, family, coworkers, and my adoption agency online support group.
Karen and Kerry too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Hi Karen & Kerry!
We are fellow CSS family, Karyn & Norm. We just found your blog today & wanted to say hello. Also, good luck in your journey to your little girl. It's an amazing experience and CSS is a wonderful agency to help get you there!
Post a Comment