Saturday, March 22, 2008

Take a deeep breath! and smell the roses.

Well, my tendency is to over analyze things and to be a bit obsessive compulsive. I have received the final rough draft of my homestudy... only... I have still been a bit concerned about the wording. I fear that the wording sounds like we prefer 2 female children between 0-24 months when our preference is for one though we would accept 2 if by some small chance there were a sibling. In that case, I wouldn't care if the child were male or female.
Anyways... after much fretting I was asked by my fellow social worker friend at work on Friday 2 very important questions.. One, am I powerless over this? No, I am not. This is a valid concern that I can and need to address. Two, can I fix it today? No, as the agency is closed until Tuesday, I won't be able to discuss with Carol or my homestudy social worker until then.
But, what did I do to get it off my chest? I emailed Carol and Julie (homestudy SW) about my concerns, got lots of good support and feedback from my adoption agency support group, and took lots of deep breaths.
Now, I am going to stop and smell the roses! By going to an Easter egg hunt with my 3 beautiful boys and going to t-ball practice with my almost 5 year old and going to coaches pitch practice with my 7 year old. God has blessed me so richly with these boys!

3 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Happy Easter!! You sound like you're so busy with the boys which will definitely help you past time! :-)

Over-Caffeinated said...

Yeah, I'm so glad to see your blog up and running... now I can add you to my obsession list! :)

Michelle R said...

Your boys look very cute. I am glad the paper work is progressing. Great blog,girl!